Creating Team Synergy
A One-Day Workshop
Objective: To improve team productivity, efficiency, and commitment to quality
Intended for: Team members at all organizational levels
Time required: One day or two half-days (see full agenda)
Product format: One-day workshop
Have you ever witnessed a winning sports team, a well-rehearsed orchestra, or a synchronized surgical unit and felt the commitment and energy the team demonstrated? What you saw was more than just teamwork - it was team synergy, a phenomenon that occurs when a team achieves greater results than the sum of its parts.
Creating Team Synergy is a complete, ready-to-train workshop (see full agenda) that revolves around five key issues that can block team effectiveness. Using learning instruments, hands-on activities, and an interactive team simulation, teams gain a clearer sense of direction, clarify roles and responsibilities, improve operating processes, and bolster both interpersonal and interteam relationships.
Creating Team Synergy Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the stages of team effectiveness
- Pinpoint the team's current level of development
- Recognize and eliminate blockages to maximum performance
- Define criteria for meaningful mission, vision, and goal statements
- Identify team member communication styles
- Capitalize on team members' communication similarities and differences
- Reinforce team decision making skills
- Determine ways to strengthen relationships with other groups and teams
Creating Team Synergy is flexible! Ideal for teams at all levels, the workshop can be presented in one full day, two half-day sessions, or combined with other training sessions to create an expanded learning experience.
To get started, order one Facilitator Kit and one Participant Guide per participant. The Facilitator Kit includes a Facilitator Guide and enough reusable exercise materials to train up to 18 participants. Additional exercise materials may be ordered for larger groups. Note that there are no Participant Guides in the Facilitator Kit.