InterAct Card Games
for Effective Team Meeting Behavior
Objective: To improve team meeting skills and behaviors
Intended for: Anyone who is involved in team meetings
Time required: Each game lasts the duration of the meeting
Each game trains: 4 - 20 participants
Most of the business around the world today is accomplished in meetings. In fact, research shows the average manager spends nearly one quarter of his or her workweek in meetings. Yet few receive formal training in how to participate in meetings.
You don't have to set aside special time for team meeting training. Just reach for InterAct: Card Games for Effective Team Meeting Behavior, a collection of four interactive games you can use during actual meetings! Now you can turn ineffective behaviors into positive habits without taking valuable time away from busy individuals.
InterAct Learning Outcomes:
- Improve individual and team interaction skills
- Reduce or eliminate behaviors that hinder group interaction
- Objective, orderly discussions that lead to logical conclusions
- Collaborate to build greater commitment to group decisions
- Develop a climate of openness and trust
InterAct consists of 64 game cards designed to teach and reinforce effective Task and Maintenance Behaviors. Task behaviors help participants initiate and develop ideas, seek and offer information, build understanding, clarify assumptions, and summarize ideas. Maintenance behaviors are directly related to building and maintaining favorable relationships in a group.
InterAct can be used:
- As a training activity for a new team
- To help a group that is struggling as a result of unproductive group behaviors
- As a periodic refresher to remind group members of the importance of positive behaviors
- To enhance interaction and discussion skills in an inexperienced group.
The Facilitator Guide includes game overview, theory background, ideas for introduction, instructions for four games, and suggestions for debriefing.