|Mars Surface Rover
The Mars Surface Rover - Leadership Edition is an interactive training game ideal for teaching new or experienced leaders and managers how to develop a facilitative leadership style. This hands-on activity allows participants to see the damaging consequences of traditional and passive leadership styles and experience the benefits of facilitative leadership. This exercise is based upon six skills:
• Change Management
How it Works:
Mars Surface Rover is a highly interactive hands-on instructional game that takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. Three teams are assigned the task of building a prototype astronaut vehicle. Using private instructions, team leaders guide their teams passively, traditionally, or facilitatively. When teams race their vehicles at the end of the game, the rover built by the team with the facilitative leader usually wins!
• Experience the concept and benefits of facilitative leadership
• Learn how a facilitative leadership style generates a team atmosphere
• Discover the drawbacks of traditional or passive styles of leadership
• Recognize the balance between too much and too little authority
The Mars Surface Rover – Leadership Edition learning experience is designed for individuals who need to develop an effective leadership style. Ideal for:
• New leaders who want to incorporate facilitative leadership into their developing style.
• Traditional leaders who are being retrained to move toward a more facilitative style of leadership.
• Managers who oversee teams.
To demonstrate the benefits of a facilitative leadership style
1.5 - 2 hours
Each Complete Game includes materials to simultaneously train 3 teams of 5 participants. All parts except for the Participant Guides are reusable. (Participant Guide Refill 5-Packs and Extra Game Packs are also available for individual purchase.)
For training sessions with more than 3 groups, order one extra game pack per team. Refill packs of Participant Guides are available for individual purchase.