What's My Leadership Style?
Current theory suggests that different situations require different leadership styles. In fact, the most successful leaders are those who are able to adapt their style to the unique demands of the situation. By responding to the 20-item What’s My Leadership Style? inventory, participants will learn their preference for one of four styles and find out how to adapt each style to different situations.
- Identify preferred leadership styles: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, or Systematic
- Understand style strengths and weaknesses
- Learn how to adapt each style to different situations
What’s My Leadership Style? and the other titles in the HRDQ Style Series™ are based on the well-known research and personality theories of psychologists Carl Jung, William Moulton Marston, and others. Most research has identified two basic dimensions of style, which we refer to as assertiveness and expressiveness. Assertiveness is the effort a person makes to influence or control the thoughts or actions of others. Expressiveness is the effort that a person makes to control his or her emotions and feelings when relating to others.
How It Works
Participants respond to 20 pairs of adjectives, using a pressure-sensitive form. After scoring is complete, easy-to-read charts allow respondents to quickly scan the strengths and trouble spots that characterize their particular leadership styles.
The Facilitator Guide features optional activities that allow participants to practice using flexibility when working with other styles. Each Participant Guide provides a worksheet for positive personal action planning
Uses for What’s My Leadership Style?
What’s My Leadership Style? is ideal for training anyone who needs to influence others towards achieving a goal. It makes an effective component in training programs for a variety of topics, including:
- Leadership/Management/Supervisory Skills
- Performance Management
- Team Building
- Change Management
What to Order
Order one Facilitator Guide per trainer and one Participant Guide per participant.
Facilitator Guide includes:
- Administrative guidelines
- Background information
- Sample training design
- Blank training outline
- Optional activities to conduct using StylePlay - 12 Group Card Games
- Sample copy of re-formatted Participant Guide
- CD-ROM containing Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation and reproducible masters (certificate of achievement, training evaluation and overhead transparency masters)
- Convenient binder format
Participant Guide includes:
- 20-item assessment
- Pressure-sensitive response form
- Interpretive information
- Charts depicting style strengths and trouble spots
- Action planning worksheet